Do you know what is the best thing about Thanksgiving (besides family and giving thanks and all that)?
The pumpkin pie! I had to practice to make sure I remember how to make pumpkin pie from last year. Here’s my first practice pie. My second one didn’t turn out.
And now the best thing about NOT having Thanksgiving in Poland…no Black Friday! I am much thankful for that.
Chris’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe – The no-crust version (which is really my mother’s pumpkin pie minus the crust and some sugar)
1 cup flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
spices to taste (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
½ square butter
¾ cup sugar (white or brown)
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 can evaporated milk (non-sweetened)
3 cups pumpkin (cooked and mixed)Directions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease one glass pie pan with butter (bottom and sides) and set aside.
- Sift or mix together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter (slightly softened). Beat in 2 eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla. Mix.
- Add pumpkin and mix.
- Add milk and stir with a spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 180°C for about 1 hour. Let cool before cutting.