Friday, October 22, 2010

I have been tagged….Zostałam otagowana…

I have been tagged by Mama G. to make a list of 10 things that I like. It’s harder than it sounds. Here goes.

10 things I like, in no particular order

  1. I like meblościanka (wall of furniture). Seriously, I have a meblościanka fetish and I’ll say no more.
  2. I like a really good cup of coffee with warm apple pie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
  3. I like to check on my children when they are sleeping and kiss them.
  4. I like to listen to talk radio in the car.
  5. I like when my parents call me.
  6. I like spending time at our house especially outside in the yard or walking around the Village.
  7. I like when Misiu starts a sentence with “Girls….” (He’s referring to Lizzie, Rosie and me, in case you were wondering)
  8. I like teaching my children things that I remember my Grandmother teaching me. Sometimes I don’t realize that is what I am doing until I have already started doing it.
  9. I like it when I have a good day of speaking Polish. It doesn’t happen very often.
  10. I like it when my students do their homework...at home…not 5 minutes before the lesson starts.

Now, who should I tag that hasn’t been tagged already?

PS1 Kielbasa Stories has a few new followers. Welcome Heinrich Josef Damian! Welcome Marek Cyzio! Welcome Alicja Kurowska! Thanks for joining us and thanks for reading.

PS2 I haven’t had a lot of free time lately. Luckily, I have a lot of work. The rest you can blame on Stieg Larsson.

Zostałam odtagowana przez Mamę G. Mam zrobić listę 10 rzeczy, które lubię. To trudniejsze niż się wydaje. Oto moja lista:

10 rzeczy, które lubię – nie w konkretnej kolejności

1. Lubię meblościankę. Serio, mam fetysz meblościanki – i więcej nic nie powiem.

2. Naprawdę lubię porządną filiżankę kawy z szarlotką na ciepło i gałką lodów waniliowych.

3. Lubię sprawdzać jak moje dzieci śpią i je całować.

4. Lubię słuchać mówionej audycji radiowej w samochodzie.

5. Lubię, kiedy dzwonią moi rodzice.

6. Lubię spędzać czas w naszym domu, zwłaszcza na zewnątrz w ogrodzie lub spacerować po Wsi.

7. Lubię, kiedy Misiu zaczyna zdanie od „Dziewczyny ...” (Chodzi mu o Lizzie, Rosie i mnie – w razie gdybyście się zastanawiali.)

8. Lubię uczyć moje dzieci rzeczy, które pamiętam jak uczyła mnie Babcia. Czasami zdaję sobie sprawę z tego że to robię, jak już jestem w trakcie.

9. Lubię jak mam dobry dzień w mówieniu po polsku. To się nie zdarza bardzo często.

10. Lubię jak moi uczniowie odrabiają pracę domową w ... DOMU, a nie ... 5 minut przed zajęciami.

A teraz, kogo powinnam stagować, kto nie był jeszcze stagowany?

PS Nie miałam zbyt dużo czasu ostatnio. Na szczęście mam dużo pracy. Reszta to wina Stiega Larssona.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your number 2! - mniam, mniam :)

Do you really have students who do their homework at home???

PS. Yeah! I also hate Stieg Larsson! ;) He is soooo absorbing!

my sons mum said...

It's a great idea to prepare such a list since it makes you realize who you really are. I'm gonna make such a list too. We should look at our lists as often as possible to remember what brings us pleasure. We often tend to forget about our own pleasure in everyday life, don't we? :)

Chris said...

Mama G - I think I have a few students who actually do their homework and the a few of those few who actually do their homework at home. Lately I have enacted a new punishment - for the younger set - if you don't have you homework you have to read an article about Bieber Fever - and for the adults - you have to read some religious literature that I keep getting in the mail from America. Simple. Effective. And about Stieg Larsson - I'm on the second book. Can't put it down.

My son's mum - That's true that we forget about ourselves and our own interests etc. esp. after becoming a parent. I'm still in that mode but when Rosie starts pre-school next year, I plan to re-discover myself. Making a list is a good place to start.

lotnica said...

"Meblościanka fetish"? Wow, tell us something more:-))))

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is completely off-topic BUT I thought you might be the right person to ask :)
So there we go: where can I get American cooking measuring cups in Warsaw? I like to cook and have all kinds of recipes. I recently found some really good ones but they happened to be all from American blogs. Trying to covert these measurements is always such a pain... Normally in a recipe written by a Polish person, it would say e.g: add a table spoon/ a small spoon of this and a glass/ a half of a glass/etc of flour/milk etc, eventually 250 ml of this and that amount or gramms etc PLEASE HELP! karolina
ps: I will probably never ever learn how to convert things....I ruined so many good recipes :) How do you manage when you cook here and want to use a Polish recipe?

Anonymous said...

oh I almost forgot: Happy Halloween! Hope it's spooky....:) I really do love this holiday and I absolutely don't mind the Polish society trying to popularize it more and more. Since you are American you now have just no other choice, but to simply write a pretty darn funny post on that. :) better be good! K. (I can't sing up though I really want to, that's why I'm "anonymous" all the time)

Unknown said...

Karolina, if you cannot get proper measuring cup set just buy any measuring cup with the milliliters markings on it. One cup is 240 ml so it's close to what we call glass. BTW tablespoon and teaspoon are actually very precise measurement units as well and they are respectively 15 and 5 ml - an everyday spoon usually gives you less then that.

Chris said...

Karolina - Don't laugh but I brought a set of plastic measuring cups with me when I moved here along with a cookbook that my mother and grandmother gave me when I got married. As Bee said, one cup is 240 ml so you could try using a large measuring cup with the ml markings on them. I use my American cups for Polish recipes too. I think the key is keeping everything in proportion. When I need to convert grams, etc I use a website that I cannot find now, of course, but when I do I will include it here.

I saw that IKEA has plastic measuring cups that look pretty similar to mine. The next time I go, I will check them out and let you know.