Monday, February 10, 2014

The Fake Out

I have been faked out again.
Sometimes I just turn on the radio and do a swing around all the stations till I hit upon a tune I like. Then just sometimes nature calls, and I have to go to the bathroom. And then just sometimes when I come back to the room I hear some serious church talk and discover that my radio was actually tuned to Radio Maryja which had been temporarily broadcasting some normal music. I call it the Radio Maryja Fake Out.


This is absolutely true. You can catch me wandering around my field trying to catch enough network coverage to send a text message, but I can always pick up Radio Maryja.

Apparently some people think contrary to me. How is that possible?

Happy listening!

4 comments:

Wojtek said...

Radio Maryja i telewizja Trwam maja dość specyficznych słuchaczy. Te radio i telewizja ma z kilku powodów poparcie
1.Jest konkurencją dla telewizji(mam na myśli Polsat i TVN)
2.Puszczane są często filmy patriotyczne
3.Można też oglądać rzeczy nie tylko związane z religią(wbrew pozorom)

Wiem z doświadczenia , bo mam dosyć religijnych rodziców. Mama nie lubi Polsatu i TVN. Tata natomiast lubi filmy jakie puszczają. Sam czasem korzystam w radia Maryja i muszę powiedzieć, że nie tylko msze i wywody kościelne są transmitowane. Można też i tam znaleźć wiele interesujących rzeczy. Jeśli interesowałoby ciebie więcej informacji na ten temat , to możesz odpisać ;)

Jestem w stanie zrozumieć , że to może być denerwujące. Nie każdy lubi kościół lub/i księży .

Przy okazji znalazłem ten blog gdzieś pod koniec stycznia :) spodobał mi się

Chris said...

Wojtek - I'm glad that you like my blog :) I rarely get a chance to watch TV so Trwam doesn't have a chance to catch my interest. I listened to part of a radio broadcast on R.M. about economics and I suspect that Adam Smith rolled over in his grave. It was a lot of misinformation (not to say downright lies) about the economy and how it works. I prefer Dwojka on the radio.

Krzysztof said...

Chris, "Dwojka" i.e. classical/opera 24/7 or perhaps you meant "Trojka"?:P

Chris said...

But dwojka has nice "talk shows" sometimes with interesting people.