Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kids and life and stuff

Here’s how our village celebrated Children’s Day – a “bajkowe” welcome in the morning followed by a sport’s day at school.
IMG_0364[1]
IMG_0365[1]

IMG_0366[1]
IMG_0367[1]
Here’s how we celebrated – homemade chocolate chip cookies.
IMG_0373[1]IMG_0372[1]
And to continue the American theme – hamburgers!
IMG_0379[1]
Our village is getting hooked up to the sewage system. Our street was on the schedule for today, and here are the men hard at work. If our kids didn’t know the “k”-word before, they certainly know it now. Plus you can see the lovely flowers Misiu picked for me when we stopped the car for Rosie to throw up.
IMG_0377[1]
A bit of rain plus a rainbow to make our day.
IMG_0204[1]
Kids catching some sun after being mercilessly sprayed with the hose.
IMG_0345[1]
And on a patriotic note, we bought a new TV, a Polish one of course. Woohoo.
IMG_0280[1]
Just a few more weeks of school and then bring on the summer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos:-) And your house looks so picturesque I'd like to go to Poland right now!
I live in Canada (I'm polish) and I find your perspective on Poland fascinating and funny. Especially when it comes to religion. Sometimes when I read news I think it's a comedy chanel.
I don't think my kids know the k...a word but I'm sure they will during our next visit:-)
All the best and have a great summer,
Kama

Wojtek said...

cześć

Widzę u was na wsi można zobaczyć rzadkie już widoki. Mam na myśli tak zwane "kocie łby". Kocimi łbami w latach 60 i 70 nazywano drogami kamienistymi(na zdjęciu trzecim od góry widać). W tamtych latach bardzo dużo było takich dróg. Nie wiem skąd ta nazwa się przyjęła ale jest używana (i podoba mi się)

Chris said...

Kama - Thank you very much. I feel the same way when I see my sister's pictures from America. And about your kids and their next visit - the k-word is podstawa!

Wojtek - Believe it or not that is newly installed "cat's head" cobblestones. We have some old cobblestone streets in our village too. I will take a picture the next time I am out and about. I love this kind of cobblestone and would be very happy to have it as my driveway or as a sidewalk.

Wojtek said...

Ostatnio mówiliśmy o drogach kamienistych . Mogłabyś wrzucić zdjęcia z tych nowych ulic ? Lubie takie widoki bo są nietypowe . Wyglądają także lepiej niż te asfaltowe

M. said...

I just fell in love with your blog. I remember myself struggling when I moved to Germany. Everything felt strange and a little depression hit my mind. Anyway, thank God I got used to it quickly :)

Carry on! :-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.prialabs.dictionary&hl=cs